BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Why I will love iTunes until it sucks me dry.

Because Genius really is becoming it's namesake.


Let me explain;

I've been hearing all sorts of wonderful things about Vampire Weekend's new album "Contra." (out Jan., 11th; GET IT NOW) So, today being a lazy Sunday and all I figured I'd pop by the increasingly convenient iTunes store and see what all the hype was about. The first words of the first song are, "In December, drinking Horchata... I look psychotic in a Balaclava." I bought it immediately. Who doesn't love psychotic looking, Balaclava wearing, Horchata drinking men who can sing! I mean, come ON! SO, I purchased that... went through the little payment form and what not and presto chango, I own a wonderful CD! Hooray!

Then the shit hit the fan.

In the past, iTune's "You may also like" suggestions have been a mix-and-match of the current Top 40 which.. just ain't my cup o' tea. Great for dance parties though.... Anyway, up pops the new OK Go album. The first time I bought a Vampire Weekend CD, I also purchased OK Go's self-titled and they have been joined at my mind's hip ever since. I was intrigued, I said,"iTunes... when did you be so clever?" I bit, and bought. Then it happened again... and again.... and.. well you get the idea. I didn't really have an extra hundred bucks around but that's what credit cards are for.... right?


P.S. Look at my previous post for a music video of OK Go's "This too shall pass." It's a large step up in complexity, but no less entertaining, then that time they figured out how treadmills work.

1 statements:

Sara Strand said...

Ah..another music lover! Yes, I have an addiction and it's called music. (It also takes on shoes, purses, and underwear but for this comment we'll only discuss the music portion). I like iTunes..but I actually am one of the relics who still love a CD. I do because I like to read liner notes and look at pictures. Lame, I know. But I have a very hard time leaving Target or Best Buy without buying SOMETHING. Which is how I became a fan of most of my fav bands. Actually- I just bought the new Black Rebel Motorcycle Club for $6...LOVE it. :)