BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm award winning!

Yay!  My bff/sister (no blood relation) Becca gave me the "Perfect Blend of Friendship" award! Awwwwwwwww... Thanks sis!  <3


Seeing as I have no other friends who blog on a regular basis I will hold on to this until I do. *HINT*

Actually I can't say that too loudly as the last time I made an informative post was.... *checks blog history*

......Oh.... I guess I haven't made one.... yeah.  Whoops?

Well then... what have I been up to..... 
...
.....
...
..........
.....
..
.
OH!  I am teaching!  That's big-ish, so now you have to get to read about that!  :)

Right, so last month (Sept.) I started student teaching Music Theory at Olympic College.  
Well, kinda.   

**RELATED SIDE STORY**So here's the thing.  I graduated from OC in 2006.  I did ok....kinda.  I started out badly but pulled my grade up from the deepest pits of muck and mire (1.7) and graduated with a 3.1.  Impressive, right?  I thought so.  So then the family takes a 6-week european vacation and while there I decided that I want to work and live a bit so I try to get into a job over there.  It didn't work.  Then I decided that I wanted to own a coffee shop/bar.  No go.  Then I decided that I wanted to go BACK to school at Western Washington University.  Still no. Which brings us back to....... *MAIN STORY*

So after the whole Western debacle (I have a pretty good GPA, like 12 amazing letters of reference, a kick ass essay and I'm an Eagle Scout, who wouldn't want me?)  *RETARDS*  after all that I finally decided that music is where I want to spend my time.  It makes sense.  I'm good at it, it's been the one constant in my life and I could happily look at those little black dots for days on end.  It was one of those "you don't know what you have until you lose it" scenarios.  So I talked to my old theory teacher, Rick White; Theory Genius (says so on his business card) about sitting in on classes to refresh so when I go take entrance exams I don't look too much a fool.  He was totally down with the idea, but took it further and asked, "what if you TEACH the class?"   

O.0

(That was my face.  I'm pretty sure I felt my pupils do that.)

Really?  Seriously?  You want me to teach a college class?  I couldn't even get into WESTERN, and you want me to TEACH a COLLEGE class!?  Like, one where PEOPLE, ADULT PEOPLE pay money |PAY MONEY| to LEARN THINGS and you want ME to TEACH IT?!?!  Ummmmmmm... ok?

And I love it.  I'm considered a TA which means a lot of copying and such but I work with the students one on one and if at any time Rick can't be at class (cocktail flu and whatnot) then it's "me baby, me" who does the teaching.  So I say things and see light-bulbs go off in people's heads and I'm all, "They get it, they get it 'cause I said something that they understood!  I'm TEACHING! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"

But you know, internally.

So yeah, that's what I've been up to lately.  That and packing, I move next week into my boss' basement.  I'm sure I'll have another parenthesis-filled, side-story heavy blog about it at some point so keep checking.  Also many font sizes.

Adios.

0 statements: